Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wedding Flashback: Vanessa & Scott Miller

For my first Wedding Flashback, I would like to introduce Vanessa and Scott Miller. They were married on March 22, 2008 at Villa Siena.

Vanessa is my kind of girl - she likes to plan ahead! She hired me almost 15 months before her wedding. My other favorite thing about her is that she knows what she wants! That is always fantastic and so much fun! She told me in our initial meeting that she wanted the color theme to be hot pink and brown with accents of green... and we started with that concept and this is what we created:

The day started out with the girls getting ready in the comfortable bridal suite at Villa Siena.

It was a beautiful March day so the weather was perfect! I was totally blown away by the amazing work of Leslie Lejcar and Shawna Yarbrough of Lasting Images. This was the first time I had the privilege of working with them and they were such a pleasure. They were on time all day long and as you can see, they got some really amazing shots! Here are some of my favorites of Vanessa. She was such a beautiful bride!


Here is a shot of the ceremony site. The flowers were provided by Tyler's Custom Design. She dressed up the fireplace with lots of hanging amaranthus... my favorite!


Here are some more detail shots of the ceremony.


This shot is of the Best Man. He was so funny... He told me he was a "professional groomsman" so he could be trusted to walk more than one bridesmaid down the aisle at once. He had been in something like 7 weddings... He was cracking me up all night long!


And this shot is so adorable... I think this might be the cutest flower girl of all time. I mean, is it just me or is this a bridal magazine cover waiting to happen?:


Here are a handful of detail shots from the reception. The cake was provided by Bamboo Bakery and the linens were provided by Elegant Presentations.


All of the guests enjoyed the create-your-own pasta station. It was such a treat and the aroma in the room was amazing! The occasional flames from the saute pan created a really fun buzz in the room as well.

Vanessa was so excited about her pink and brown candy buffet table! The containers were purchased at TJ Maxx and the galvanized scoops were from CostPlus World Market. We had personalized pink paper bags for the guests to fill up and take home... and at the end of the night there was hardly a piece of candy in sight!

Vanessa & Scott - It was such a pleasure working with you and your family! I hope that you are enjoying life as newlyweds! I wish you all the best for your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment