Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Anniversary: Megan & Chris

Megan & Chris were married one year ago today at SunRidge Canyon in Fountain Hills.

Looking back on their wedding day, my favorite memory was actually a bittersweet one.  The bride's mother (of whom I met and adored after doing her other daughter's wedding in April 2008) had passed away about 2-weeks before the wedding, so all the guests were still feeling very tender.  It was the first thing on everyones mind (including mine) but in order to hold our composure, no one said anything about it.  Until the father of the bride gave his toast.

He made light-hearted jokes at first and everyone laughed.  Then in a choked up voice he said, "I believe that there is one person in this world that you are meant to be with..." There was a long silent pause as he gathered his emotions, and he continued.  "And I know that Megan and Chris have found that in each other." 

There was not a dry eye in the house and as it turns out, it was just the release that we all needed.  It was by far one of the most emotional wedding days I have been to, to date.  I absolutely love this family with all my heart!

Here's wishing them many more years of happiness and all that their hearts desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment