Monday, September 6, 2010

Wedding Flashback: Natalie & Felix Carroll

Let me introduce to you, Natalie and Felix. They were married on December 1, 2007 at the beautiful Villa Siena in Gilbert.

Natalie will be the first to tell you that she didn't think she needed a wedding planner, but decided just to check it out anyway. I was surprised when they shared those feeling with me later, since they hired me on the spot at our initial consultation!

I guess love at first sight doesn't just apply to romantic love... because the feelings I had for both Natalie and her mom at that initial meeting, were completely mutual. It wasn't long before I met Felix as well, and we also hit it off.

Planning their wedding was such a treat! Natalie knew both what she DID and did NOT want, which was a dream. They were very laid back and had impeccable taste. I looked forward to every meeting we had together because they always made great decisions and were so much fun to be around.

I have selected a handful of my favorite images of the day, shot by the super-talented MelissaJill. I could not possibly fit all of my favorite images in this post, so be sure to check out the entire album design when you get a chance.

Here is a shot of Natalie having her makeup done at the salon:

Natalie and Felix chose to see each other before the ceremony for pictures, and they shared a very emotional first meeting:



Natalie was such a beautiful bride:

I love the variety of dresses on the girls. Each one suited their individual styles and personalities:

Here is one of my favorite bouquet shots of all time (...I guess that is obvious when you look at my website, huh?):

So as it turns out, December 1, 2007 was one of those rare Arizona days where the rain would not let up. I kept crossing my fingers, saying little prayers and practically willing it to stop with every fiber of my being, but no such luck.

But if you absolutely have to use the inclement weather option at a venue, Villa Siena is the place you want to be! Below is a shot of what we had to do instead of the original plan to have it outside in the courtyard:

It was absolutely breathtaking. When Natalie's mom arrived at Villa Siena, she came to me with a pleading look in her eyes and asked me if there was ANY chance we could still have it outside. With limited time before the ceremony was ready to begin, I told her that we had to move it inside, but that I had an amazing alternative. Then I walked her down to the room shown above, she looked at me with tears in her eyes and gave me a huge hug.  She was speechless.

Here are some additional detail shots from the ceremony:

I loved the romantic glow of the fireplace behind them as they exchanged their vows:

The dining room was warm and inviting. Here is a shot of one of the tables and the cake:


Thanks again Natalie and Felix! You are such a charming couple and I wish you a long and beautiful marriage together!

No comments:

Post a Comment