Friday, September 10, 2010

Ella Kathryn - My Little Apprentice

Over time, I am planning to share updates on my 101 in 1001 and other personal updates.  So, in order to get you up to speed, I should probably formally introduce you to Miss Ella Kathryn.  She is my beautiful 3-1/2-year-old daughter and CEO in training:


She is such a blessing and so much fun! My husband and I used to joke long before we even thought about starting a family, that our children might just be the most strong-willed creatures on the planet once you combined both of our DNA together... well that was a fun little anecdote to share until it became a reality: Enter Ella! And I do mean that she commands quite an entrance!

Long before she took her first breath of air in this world, she and I were having disagreements. She found it quite necessary to shove her pointy little heel in the most awkward and uncomfortable place in my ribcage. As I tried to persuade her little foot out of that spot, I could swear that she was pushing back even harder... then I came to my senses and realized that it is not possible for an unborn infant to have such a strong personality. It was merely in my head... Ah, but was it?

Since before she was born, this little girl had a mind of her own which she proved even at delivery. The nurse assured us that we had at least 3 more hours before we would even consider pushing. Well, Ella must have heard that and decided to prove her wrong because not 30 minutes later I was holding her in my arms!

It is so funny to think back on those moments now, because each day she is doing or saying something that assures us of her strong personality and sharp wit.  Here are just a few of her recent antics:

While shopping, I glance down and this is what I saw!

Lining up her dollies to watch TV
I was so proud of her for being so quiet for me while I took a call until I turned around to see this: Permanent Marker!

Her first sip of a Root Beer Float!
This little girl is smart, silly and super determined.  Some of the conversations I have with her just blow my mind that she is only 3!  If you want to stay up to date with the misadventures of Miss Ella, you are welcome to come by my personal facebook page.

So there you have it - My little apprentice. Although she is still in training to be the CEO, she already has the "Chief" part down!!!

~ Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment